Sunday, February 13, 2011

Review of the Samsung Galaxy Tablet

My husband recently bought me the Samsung Galaxy tablet from Verizon.  I was originally leaning toward the View Sonic View Pad 7 because it was in the same price range as the Galaxy.  I decided to go with the Galaxy Tablet because it had flash support.  The fact that I could look at videos on websites was a plus for me.   I got the verizon data plan.  That allows me to stay connected without wifi.  I love how portable it is.  It's small enough to fit in my purse.  I take it with me everywhere I go.  My favorite thing to do on it is sending text messages and checking my Facebook account.  There are tons of apps to be found in  the android market place.  Most apps are free to use.  The Galaxy Tablet is not a phone, although you will have a cell phone number associated with the device.  The only thing you can do is send and receive text messages with it.  However, you can install the app Skype to make and receive calls.  I tested Skype out and it worked fine for me.

3 comments: